Your Account. To access and use some or a portion of the Services, you may be required to register with us and set up an account with your email address and a password (your “Account”). The email address you provide will be your email address, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. Therefore, you should protect your password and make your password difficult for others to guess.
Using Contractor2help Services. You will post in the appropriate category or area and will not do any of the following harmful action:
• violate any laws or our Private Policy;
• be false or misleading;
• infringe any third-party right;
• distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
• distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Contractor2help or the interests or property of Contractor2help users;
• impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of the Contractor2help;
• copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content;
• use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access Contractor2help and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
• harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
• bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to Contractor2help.
Abusing Contractor2help Services. Please use the flagging system to tell us about any problems or offensive content so that together we can keep the Services site working properly. We may limit or terminate our Services, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off Contractor2help if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off Contractor2help or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring Contractor2help or for unauthorized or unlawful content on Contractor2help or use of Contractor2help by users.
Fees and Services. Using Contractor2help Services is not free. We charge fees for Services. Our fees are quoted in Canadian Dollars, and we may change them from time to time. We will notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service. Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the Services.
Your fee will be automatically renewed every month unless you physically pause or cancel it. You can cancel your recurring Monthly Membership fee at any time by visiting your Account page
Canadian taxes associated with our Services will be collected when applicable. You agree to provide accurate address information necessary for Contractor2help to comply with its obligations under applicable law. To the extent that such information is not provided, Contractor2help will in its discretion determine and collect appropriate taxes.
You are solely responsible to collect and remit any applicable taxes resulting from the sale of your items or services listed on Contractor2help.
Content. Contractor2help Services contains stuff from us, you, and other users. You agree not to copy, modify, or distribute Contractor2help Services, our copyrights or trademarks. When you give us content, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content. If you believe that your rights have been violated, please notify Contractor2help Customer Support and we will investigate the matter. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements (Verified Rights Owners – VeRO). Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party’s rights. The following steps are for reporting a listing to Contractor2help that you believe to be infringing on your intellectual property rights. Only the intellectual property rights owner can report of potentially infringing items or listings through Contractor2help’s VeRO Program. If you have a good faith belief that a listing on any of the Contractor2help Services infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, all you need to do is contact us at email@example.com. After we receive your claim, Contractor2help will confirm your enrolment in our program and send you the instructions on how to submit future reports electronically. We reserve the right to share, in accordance with applicable law, the completed claim with the third party that originally posted the potentially infringing listing.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability. The Contractor2help Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. You also agree not to hold us responsible for the payment processing of other service providers such as PayPal (each a “Third Party Payment Processor”. For greater certainty, as applicable, if you link a Third-Party Payment Processor account to your Contractor2help Account, you acknowledge and agree that by making payments through Contractor2help with that Third-Party Payment Processor, you are bound by that Third-Party Payment Processor’s applicable terms and conditions, and we are not liable for any loss, claims or damages howsoever arising about that third party’s services). As most of the stuff on the Contractor2help Services comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy or timeliness of any postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is offered. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Services. Notification functionality in our Services may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond our control, including without limitation, delays or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider’s network. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of Contractor2help, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 1 month prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 1 Canadian Dollar.
Indemnification. You will indemnify and hold harmless Contractor2help and its affiliates and our and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (each an “Indemnified Party”), from any claim made by any third party, together with any amounts payable to the third party whether in settlement or as may otherwise be awarded, and reasonable legal costs incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties, arising from or relating to your use of the Contractor2help Services, any alleged violation by you of the applicable terms, and any alleged violation by you of any applicable law or regulation. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations.
General. These terms and the other policies posted on Contractor2help Services constitute the entire agreement between us and you, superseding any prior agreements. This agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. We both submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. This will not affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer and applicable consumer law requires application of another law for certain topics. If we don’t enforce any provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below (our assignment to an affiliate will not require notice). Except for notices relating to illegal or infringing content, your notices to us must be sent by registered mail to:
10 Ronell Crescent
Collingwood, ON, L9Y4G7
We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing. We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us. Send questions, comments or complaints to Contractor2help.
Application Use. Contractor2help grants you the right to use the Application only for your personal use. You must comply with all applicable laws and third-party terms of agreement when using the Application (e.g. your wireless data service agreement). The Application may not contain the same functionality available on the www.contractor2help.com website. Your download and use of the Application is at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damages to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that results from the download or use of the Application.
Intellectual Property – Applications. Contractor2help owns, or is the licensee to, all right, title, and interest in and to its Applications, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions, and restorations thereof. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any Application and you will not remove, obscure, or alter Contractor2help’s copyright notice, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to, contained within, or accessed in conjunction with or by any Contractor2help Application.
Prohibited Countries Policy and Foreign Trade Regulation – Applications. Contractor2help Applications or their underlying technology may not be downloaded to or exported or re-exported.
Table of contents:
2. What personal information do we collect
3. How we use your personal information
4. Marketing Purposes
7. Access to, review and rectification of your personal information
8. Protection and retention of your personal information
9. Other Information
2. What personal information do we collect
You can visit our Website without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit our Website, use our Services and or reply to ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
• information from your interaction with our Website and Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from www.contractor2help.com, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
• information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
Information you provide to us: We collect and store any information you enter on our Website or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
• information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use;
• additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third-party Services;
• information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website or correspondence that is sent to us;
• information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device, and
• your resume if you choose to submit it to us for consideration through our careers page
Information from other sources: We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
3. How we use your personal information
You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone;
• to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, fraud and security breaches and to enforce our Terms and Conditions;
• to personalize, measure and improve our Services, content and ads;
• to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information, and
• to consider you as a potential candidate if you choose to upload your resume through our careers page.
Sharing information with and registration on social media sites: We may offer sign-on Services that enable you to access the Website or related websites with your login credentials. We can also offer Services that enable you to share information with third party social media websites, such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.
• service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our Services on the website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies and technical support. In such cases, the personal information shall remain under the control of Contractor2help.
– to comply with legal obligations or a court order; or
– if this is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses, such as fraud, deceit or prosecution, or
– if it is necessary to maintain our policies or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
• other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via Contractor2help, e.g. in the framework of a cooperation;
• companies that we intend to merge with in the context of a re-organisation or that acquire us;
• an intellectual property owner if the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary in good faith believes that an advertisement violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser
Without limitation to the foregoing, we shall moreover – in our efforts to respect your privacy and to keep the website free of malicious persons or parties – not disclose your personal information to third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to prevent impending injury or financial damages or to report alleged illegal activities.
Information you share on www.contractor2help.com: Our Website allows users to share advertisements and other information with other users, thereby making this shared information accessible to other users. Since our Website also enables you to directly contact a buyer or seller, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our Website and therefore we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users.
In case you visit our Website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared computer to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your website visits.
4. Marketing Purposes
You agree that we may use the information collected by us to send you offers, whether personalised or not, or to contact you by telephone regarding products or Services offered by Contractor2help.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our Services and functionalities.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization using your identified personal information or re-targeting/tracking programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement, or directly at our AdChoice program. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop personalized advertising, but it will still allow the collection of information for certain purposes such as usage, research, analytics and internal online services operation purposes). You may still see non-personalized advertisements, including ads based on general geographic region. In addition to that, we do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
7. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
8. Protection and retention of your personal information
We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us through the firstname.lastname@example.org
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
9. Other information
Jan 1, 2018, Ontario, Canada